On March 1, 2015 in the Branch of the HFC there was held a regional round of the National Contest in Modern Greek Language. The organizing committee selected the following winners of the regional contest:
1. Konstantina Borozdyukhina – First Prize (Odessa, Gymnasium No. 1, tutor N. Podkovyroff).
2. Gabriela Runova-Antoniu – First Prize (Odessa, High School No. 35, tutor N. Podkovyroff).
3. Sofiya Panayotidu – Second Prize (Odessa, Gymnasium No. 1, tutor N. Podkovyroff).
4. Yana Ochkovskaya – Second Prize (Nikolaev, tutor N. Podkovyroff).
5. Ekaterina Khmelevskaya – Third Prize (Odessa, Gymnasium No. 6, tutor A. Verbitskaya).
6. Mariya Malashova – Third Prize (Odessa, Gymnasium No. 6, tutor A.Verzhbitskaya).
The final round of the National Contest in Modern Greek Language took place in Kiev on March 22-25, 2015. Two of the above students were selected among winners of the contest: Yana Ochkovskaya from Nikolaev (First Prize) and Sofiya Panayotidu from Odessa Gymnasium No. 1 (Second Prize).
The Branch of the HFC in Odessa awarded Konstantina Borozdyukhina, the First Prize winner of the regional contest, with an opportunity to take free courses in Modern Greek Language during the 2015/2016 academic year. Letters of gratitude were also addressed to Irina Burdeyna, director of Gymnasium No. 6, as well as Ekaterina Khmelevskaya and Anna Davidchuk for their contribution in promoting studies in Modern Greek language and culture in the gymnasium.
We send our greetings to all winners and participants of the contest and wish them much success in mastering Modern Greek language.